56. The Goonies (1985)



Leonard Maltin's Rating :
Should be :

IMDB Rating : 7.7

Rotten Tomatoes Rating : 88% (audience)

Rotten Tomatoes Synopsis : An energetic, sometimes noisy mix of Speilbergian sentiment and funhouse tricks that will appeal to kids and nostalgic adults alike.

In his review Leonard seems to like the movie, so I don't know why his rating is so mediocre.

I've seen The Goonies a bunch of times. Any times I pass by it on TV I'll stop and watch it for a while. Good, clean solid fun. A lot like the Little Rascals (as Leonard pointed out), with an excellent cast of young actors. I'll bet that there are a lot of people in their mid-thirties who would list this as their favorite movie from their youth.

Silly, goofy and fun (and I think adults will enjoy it too).

2 comments:

  1. I think Leonard was wrong about this movie. I loved it myself. However I think he was right about 'The Shining' which was indeed, an overlong bore which IMDB users love and the majority of horror fans I meet totally despise it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with the other commenter on the Shining, it’s a legitimately great movie with amazing performances, cinematography, and tension. He probably expects his horror movies to have cheap jump scares with no buildup. I also disagree with you guys on the Goonies, I thought it was a decent to good film, not fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Visitors