66. Kick-Ass (2010)



Leonard Maltin's Rating :
Should be :

IMDB Rating : 7.8

Rotten Tomatoes Rating : 83%

Rotten Tomator Synopsis: "Not for the faint of heart, Kick-Ass takes the comic adaptation genre to new levels of visual style, bloody violence, and gleeful profanity."

Leonard says in his review: "Starts out as an engaging wish-fulfillment story, and cage is fun as a Batman-like crime fighter ... then goes to extremes, turning from guilty-pleasure entertainment to an orgy of excess that leaves a bad taste behind."

I'm not really big on violence or profanity but I really did enjoy this movie. As a black comedy, as a teen coming of age flic, as a romance and as a superhero movie it all worked for me.

When I first saw it I was shocked and stunned and thoroughly entertained. The writing was really good and the acting was even better. Nicolas Cage, Mark Strong and all the kids played it straight and were all really good. Chloe Grace Moretz was particularly dynamic as Hit-Girl.

Granted, this is not a good movie for pre-teens, but for the rest of us I think it is pretty good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors